- potatoes, halved, boiled and peeled – 4
- red cabbage, finely shredded – 1 cup
- coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- onion, finely chopped – 1
- green chili, chopped -1
- garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- red chili powder – 1 tsp
- dried mango powder (amchoor) – 1 tsp
- oil for shallow frying
Take a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients to it
except oil, and mash well.
Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal sized balls.
-Gently flatten them into a round shapes.
-Keep the mixture balls in a fridge for 1 hour.
(You can also roll these balls in breadcrumbs, if
-Heat a flat pan on medium. Add some oil to it, and
shallow fry the balls till they turn golden brown.
-Serve hot with your favorite ketchup or chutney.
By Anupama Paliwal, My Ginger Garlic Kitchen,8/14