2015 Summer CSA
May 26-December 1
(prices automatically pro-rated if you sign up after the start date)
Sign up here!
A Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program is a partnership*** between the farmer and the community. The benefit to you, the community member, is that you know where your food is grown, who is growing it and the methods by which it is grown. The benefit to the farmer is that they are able to raise much needed income at the beginning of the season for all the start up costs for the coming growing year. The farmer is also able to create a greater connection to the people who eat what they grow. Another benefit to becoming a CSA shareholder is that the money you spend on produce stays in the local economy.
By becoming a CSA shareholder in the farm, the community member(s) will receive a box of produce each week for the length of the CSA season. Every week the box will be filled with fresh, seasonal and organic vegetables, fruit, and herbs, grown right here in Santa Cruz County. We do not purchase produce from wholesale operations to fill our boxes. The produce in our boxes is straight from our farm with very few exceptions. At times, we will supplement our box with a crop we do not grow from an organic farm friend or a food artisan, so as to compliment the array of crops that we grow and fill the boxes with.
We have two CSA seasons every year. The Winter Season is from mid-January to mid-April (14-weeks) and the Summer Season is from May 26 to December 1 (28-weeks). We offer two share sizes: an individual share ($210/Winter Season and $420/Summer Season) and a family share ($350/Winter Season and $700/Summer Season). Payment for the longer Summer Season can be split in half (1st at sign up and 2nd on August 25th) whereas payment for the Winter Season is paid in full due to its’ shorter duration.
We grow a wide variety of vegetables all through out the year. Depending on the time of year some of the typical items you can expect to find in your CSA share are: lettuce, kale, cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, radicchio, collards, herbs, summer & winter squash, chard and lots more.
We also have an Add-on section for ordering additional items that will be delivered with your weekly box. One week we may have apples that you can buy in quantity to make apple butter, dried apples, pies or anything else you may fancy. Another week we may add flower bouquets to brighten your home or office. We will also have pantry staples such as honey from Santa Cruz Gold, Alta Organic coffee, jams & fruit butters from Pantry House and Companion Bakeshop bread, on a regular basis. It is best to check the Add-on page weekly so see what new items we are offering.
***Please note that by signing up for the CSA you are entering into a contract and partnership with Route 1 Farms. Unfortunately, shares cannot be refunded for any reason. If the shareholder decides that they no longer want to receive a box, we will be able to cancel the subscription but will not be able to offer a refund as the money is allocated early in the season.***
Pick Up Sites
We currently have 10 pick up sites in Santa Cruz County and 1 in Santa Clara County.
- Aptos: off of Rio del Mar Blvd., Aptos, 95003 (Complete address given when you register).
- Ben Lomond: Hihn Rd., Ben Lomond, 95005 (Complete address given when you register).
- Boulder Creek: Keller Dr., Boulder Creek, 95006 (Complete address given when you register).
- Felton: Plateau Dr., off Highway 9, Felton, 95018 (Complete address given when you register).
- Live Oak: off of Capitola Rd. and Chanticleer Ave., 95062 (Complete address given when you register).
- Prospect Heights: off of Morrissey Ave., 95065 (Complete address given when you register).
- Santa Cruz-Ocean St. Extension (our farm): 2037 Ocean St. Extension, 95060.
- Santa Cruz-Westside: 1305 Fair Ave. #2, 95060. Our warehouse on the corner of McPherson & Fair Ave., one block from New Leaf.
- Scotts Valley: Scotts Valley Dr., off of Granite Creek exit on Hwy. 17, 95066 (Complete address given when you register).
- Seabright: Sumner St., Santa Cruz, 95062 (Complete address given when you register).
- The Summit: Mason-Taylor Ranch, 22951 Summit Rd., Los Gatos, 95033.
Are you or someone you know interested in being a site host for the CSA? If so, please give us a call at 831- 426-1075 and we will explain what we are looking for. As a thank you for being a site host you will receive $5 off of your box each week. Not too mention that you will be bringing healthy, organic produce to your immediate community. What better way than to get to know your neighbors (if you don’t already know them that is) than through great food?